Radiospeler Radiospeler
 
Supertaal
Kom praat saam!

Tuis » Algemeen » Koeitjies & kalfies » Het jullie dit al verneem of gelees?
Het jullie dit al verneem of gelees? [boodskap #105784] Do, 08 September 2005 14:01 na volgende boodskap
Paulus de boskabouter  is tans af-lyn  Paulus de boskabouter
Boodskappe: 161
Geregistreer: April 2005
Karma: 0
Senior Lid
Land summit rejects claim cut-off

Print Send to a friend

PREGA GOVENDER

MORE than 1000 delegates attending the national land summit yesterday agreed
"in principle" that the December 1998 cut-off date for the lodging of land
claims should be relaxed.

Glen Thomas, director-general of Land Affairs, said there was unanimous
support for the move. But he warned that "dire consequences" could result if
the government accepted the recommendation.

"The most serious consequence would be inter-tribal land claims and that is
due to the history of our country. We would not like the process of
restitution to result in conflicts which might become bloody."

The director-general of Agriculture, Masiphula Mbongwa, said Land Affairs
Minister Thoko Didiza's view was that restitution could be achieved through
other programmes.

Thomas said the call for the reopening of the restitution process was
motivated by land hunger.

He said that because of the sensitivity of the issue, there would be
post-summit discussions in Parliament and further discussions with all
interested parties.

The summit also adopted a recommendations that urged the government to
expropriate unused and foreign-owned land, as well as land belonging to
"abusive" farmers.

A resolution calling for a moratorium to be placed on foreign ownership of
land was taken.

The resolution comes ahead of this week's release of an explosive government
report on regulating foreign land ownership in South Africa.

The report, commissioned by Didiza a year ago, is expected to contain
hard-hitting recommendations.

The leader of the ministerial committee that produced the report, Professor
Shadrack Gutto, the head of Unisa's Centre for African Renaissance, said
that although his committee did not hold the view that foreign ownership
should be stopped completely, "it's clear from public hearings and the
reports from the provincial land summits that there should be some form of
regulation such as leasehold rather than absolute ownership".

Delegates were told that resolutions from the nine provincial land summits
supported the move for a moratorium on foreign land ownership.

The ministerial committee visited areas where people had reported that
foreigners had bought land and held provincial hearings to hear people's
views.

The committee also undertook to study trends in foreign ownership of land
around the world.

Didiza said there was a strong feeling among South Africans that the matter
of foreign ownership needed urgent attention. North West was most vocal in
its opposition to foreign ownership of land, with one of its resolutions
recommending that foreigners be barred from buying property in South Africa.

Delegates also overwhelmingly supported scrapping the "willing buyer,
willing seller" approach to settling land claims. But opposition from
commercial farmers meant the matter required further talks. The issue was
expected to be hotly debated today.

The five-day summit, which ends today, has heard many people complain that
the policy was slowing land reform, and that the market system favoured
farmers.

The government wants all land restitution claims settled within the next
three years and 30% of agricultural land to be delivered to the previously
disadvantaged by 2014.

By December 2004, only 3% of commercial farmland had been redistributed. -
Additional reporting by Sapa

begin 666 print.gif
M1TE&.#EA%@`4`*(``-[;_YR:_YR:G._K[\[/_Q@
Re: Het jullie dit al verneem of gelees? [boodskap #105786 is 'n antwoord op boodskap #105784] Do, 08 September 2005 14:06 Na vorige boodskapna volgende boodskap
Ferdi Greyling  is tans af-lyn  Ferdi Greyling
Boodskappe: 1232
Geregistreer: Mei 2006
Karma: 0
Senior Lid
Die Land Summit is lank reeds verby. Dit was 'n konferensie gehou deur
groepe wat belange het by die kwessie. Bywoning was vrywillig en geen
besluit was bindend op enigiemand nie.

Die besluit verteenwoordig 'n siening wat 'n paar jaar reeds in die
samelewing rond-dryf. Saam met heelwat ander.

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 14:01:12 GMT, " de boskabouter" wrote:

> Land summit rejects claim cut-off
>
> Print Send to a friend
>
>
> PREGA GOVENDER
>
>
> MORE than 1000 delegates attending the national land summit yesterday agreed
> "in principle" that the December 1998 cut-off date for the lodging of land
> claims should be relaxed.
>
> Glen Thomas, director-general of Land Affairs, said there was unanimous
> support for the move. But he warned that "dire consequences" could result if
> the government accepted the recommendation.
>
> "The most serious consequence would be inter-tribal land claims and that is
> due to the history of our country. We would not like the process of
> restitution to result in conflicts which might become bloody."
>
> The director-general of Agriculture, Masiphula Mbongwa, said Land Affairs
> Minister Thoko Didiza's view was that restitution could be achieved through
> other programmes.
>
> Thomas said the call for the reopening of the restitution process was
> motivated by land hunger.
>
> He said that because of the sensitivity of the issue, there would be
> post-summit discussions in Parliament and further discussions with all
> interested parties.
>
>
> The summit also adopted a recommendations that urged the government to
> expropriate unused and foreign-owned land, as well as land belonging to
> "abusive" farmers.
>
> A resolution calling for a moratorium to be placed on foreign ownership of
> land was taken.
>
> The resolution comes ahead of this week's release of an explosive government
> report on regulating foreign land ownership in South Africa.
>
> The report, commissioned by Didiza a year ago, is expected to contain
> hard-hitting recommendations.
>
> The leader of the ministerial committee that produced the report, Professor
> Shadrack Gutto, the head of Unisa's Centre for African Renaissance, said
> that although his committee did not hold the view that foreign ownership
> should be stopped completely, "it's clear from public hearings and the
> reports from the provincial land summits that there should be some form of
> regulation such as leasehold rather than absolute ownership".
>
> Delegates were told that resolutions from the nine provincial land summits
> supported the move for a moratorium on foreign land ownership.
>
>
>
> The ministerial committee visited areas where people had reported that
> foreigners had bought land and held provincial hearings to hear people's
> views.
>
>
> The committee also undertook to study trends in foreign ownership of land
> around the world.
>
>
>
> Didiza said there was a strong feeling among South Africans that the matter
> of foreign ownership needed urgent attention. North West was most vocal in
> its opposition to foreign ownership of land, with one of its resolutions
> recommending that foreigners be barred from buying property in South Africa.
>
>
>
>
> Delegates also overwhelmingly supported scrapping the "willing buyer,
> willing seller" approach to settling land claims. But opposition from
> commercial farmers meant the matter required further talks. The issue was
> expected to be hotly debated today.
>
>
> The five-day summit, which ends today, has heard many people complain that
> the policy was slowing land reform, and that the market system favoured
> farmers.
>
> The government wants all land restitution claims settled within the next
> three years and 30% of agricultural land to be delivered to the previously
> disadvantaged by 2014.
>
> By December 2004, only 3% of commercial farmland had been redistributed. -
> Additional reporting by Sapa
>
Re: Het jullie dit al verneem of gelees? [boodskap #105809 is 'n antwoord op boodskap #105786] Vr, 09 September 2005 13:22 Na vorige boodskapna volgende boodskap
Binneband  is tans af-lyn  Binneband
Boodskappe: 6
Geregistreer: September 2005
Karma: 0
Junior Lid
die grond honger gaan net honger honger bestaansboere word.

Ek wonder nou net of mens weer die grond van hulle mag terugkoop

"Ferdi Greyling" skryf in boodskap news:m7h0i1h87rrm2rq7sn6j1k197o6lndbmad@4ax.com...
>
>
> Die Land Summit is lank reeds verby. Dit was 'n konferensie gehou deur
> groepe wat belange het by die kwessie. Bywoning was vrywillig en geen
> besluit was bindend op enigiemand nie.
>
> Die besluit verteenwoordig 'n siening wat 'n paar jaar reeds in die
> samelewing rond-dryf. Saam met heelwat ander.
>
>
>
> On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 14:01:12 GMT, " de boskabouter"
> wrote:
>
>> Land summit rejects claim cut-off

>> Print Send to a friend


>> PREGA GOVENDER


>> MORE than 1000 delegates attending the national land summit yesterday
>> agreed
>> "in principle" that the December 1998 cut-off date for the lodging of land
>> claims should be relaxed.

>> Glen Thomas, director-general of Land Affairs, said there was unanimous
>> support for the move. But he warned that "dire consequences" could result
>> if
>> the government accepted the recommendation.

>> "The most serious consequence would be inter-tribal land claims and that
>> is
>> due to the history of our country. We would not like the process of
>> restitution to result in conflicts which might become bloody."

>> The director-general of Agriculture, Masiphula Mbongwa, said Land Affairs
>> Minister Thoko Didiza's view was that restitution could be achieved
>> through
>> other programmes.

>> Thomas said the call for the reopening of the restitution process was
>> motivated by land hunger.

>> He said that because of the sensitivity of the issue, there would be
>> post-summit discussions in Parliament and further discussions with all
>> interested parties.


>> The summit also adopted a recommendations that urged the government to
>> expropriate unused and foreign-owned land, as well as land belonging to
>> "abusive" farmers.

>> A resolution calling for a moratorium to be placed on foreign ownership of
>> land was taken.

>> The resolution comes ahead of this week's release of an explosive
>> government
>> report on regulating foreign land ownership in South Africa.

>> The report, commissioned by Didiza a year ago, is expected to contain
>> hard-hitting recommendations.

>> The leader of the ministerial committee that produced the report,
>> Professor
>> Shadrack Gutto, the head of Unisa's Centre for African Renaissance, said
>> that although his committee did not hold the view that foreign ownership
>> should be stopped completely, "it's clear from public hearings and the
>> reports from the provincial land summits that there should be some form of
>> regulation such as leasehold rather than absolute ownership".

>> Delegates were told that resolutions from the nine provincial land summits
>> supported the move for a moratorium on foreign land ownership.



>> The ministerial committee visited areas where people had reported that
>> foreigners had bought land and held provincial hearings to hear people's
>> views.


>> The committee also undertook to study trends in foreign ownership of land
>> around the world.



>> Didiza said there was a strong feeling among South Africans that the
>> matter
>> of foreign ownership needed urgent attention. North West was most vocal in
>> its opposition to foreign ownership of land, with one of its resolutions
>> recommending that foreigners be barred from buying property in South
>> Africa.




>> Delegates also overwhelmingly supported scrapping the "willing buyer,
>> willing seller" approach to settling land claims. But opposition from
>> commercial farmers meant the matter required further talks. The issue was
>> expected to be hotly debated today.


>> The five-day summit, which ends today, has heard many people complain that
>> the policy was slowing land reform, and that the market system favoured
>> farmers.

>> The government wants all land restitution claims settled within the next
>> three years and 30% of agricultural land to be delivered to the previously
>> disadvantaged by 2014.

>> By December 2004, only 3% of commercial farmland had been redistributed. -
>> Additional reporting by Sapa


>
Re: Het jullie dit al verneem of gelees? [boodskap #105810 is 'n antwoord op boodskap #105809] Vr, 09 September 2005 14:08 Na vorige boodskap
PietR  is tans af-lyn  PietR
Boodskappe: 3341
Geregistreer: Julie 2003
Karma: 0
Senior Lid
"Binneband" skryf in boodskap news:xPmdnWwK-uv_EbzeRVn-ug@is.co.za...
> die grond honger gaan net honger honger bestaansboere word.
>
> Ek wonder nou net of mens weer die grond van hulle mag terugkoop
>
----Hier by ons in Namibië laat die boere die eienaars van die grond toe om
by 'n pos te bly in hul pondokke en betaal dan huur vir die plaas wat
gelykstaande is aan die maandelikse paaiment aan die landbank. Die 'bottom
line' is dat die boere dan die grond oorbewei met spekulasievee en kakhuise
vol geld maak en die eienaars plak maar steeds en bly steeds vrekarm. Wat
sê dit vir jou? As jy 'n kommersiële boer is, moenie grond koop wat hulle
kan afvat nie. Huur dit, verkrag dit, en lag al die pad bank toe! Viva
Afrika!
Vorige onderwerp: Mense Regte
Volgende onderwerp: Klomp Goed 3: Spierpaleis vermis
Gaan na forum:
  

[ XML-voer ] [ RSS ]

Tyd nou: Ma Apr 15 12:12:39 MGT 2024